You Shouldn’t Have!
Kate Loveton is a doll and her wonderful blog, Odyssey of a Novice Writer, is poignant, self-effacing, fearless, honest, lovely and at times laugh-out-loud funny. I feel honored to have been nominated by Kate, who I think does this blog stuff so well. If you have a minute – and since you’re reading this post I assume you do – please check out her blog, too: http://kateloveton.wordpress.com/2014/02/10/versatile-blogger-award/
So, this Versatile Blogger thing. Here’s what I’m supposed to do. First, I’m supposed to tell you seven things about myself. Good Lord, but okay. Then I’m supposed to nominate fifteen other bloggers who I think are the best thing since goulash. Now that’s something I can do no problem.
So, let’s get this show on the road.
And since brevity is the soul of wit, and pictures are worth a thousand words, I’ll get right to the point.
1. I love the full moon and honestly believe it has magical properties.
When I was a little girl, my grandmother told me that the moon was the closest thing to God’s face that I would ever see.
2. I would have made a lousy corporate executive.
Because I hate wearing pantyhose and all I want to do is stand around the water cooler and gab.
3. But I would have made a great spy.
Love dark sunglasses. Will do anything for a travel budget. And I come from a long line of liars.
4. I never thought I’d return to Catholicism, but I have.
See “A Short Explanation of a (Former) Atheist’s Faith.” (it’s under Faith at the top of this page) Can’t say it any better.
4. I found out my grandparents hid Jews during WW2 and when I asked them about it, they said, “So Vhat?”
They also said “So Vhat?” to feminism, cigarette warning labels and Richard Nixon’s shenanigans.
5. I know way too many holocaust survivors.
Which is actually only about five, but honestly, that’s a lot.
6. Never liked stuffed animals very much, but I loved my dollhouse.
I’ve always maintained that dollhouses are the thinking girl’s toy.
7. I’m glad that whole “Brazilian” grooming trend seems to have run its course.
As for fifteen blogs worthy of this distinction:
Please, have a look. It’s a motley crew – in the best way.